Mobility and Urban Systems Engineering
In the business area „Mobility and Urban Systems Engineering“ (MUSE) we work with an interdisciplinary team of about 40 employees – engineers, urban planners, IT specialists, economists and sociologists – on inspiring solutions for mobility and the cities of the future.
The focal points of our work include:
- Electromobile Systems: Urban and inter-urban charging infrastructure, joint use of electric vehicles, e-logistic concepts, integrated fleet and charge management
- Urban Mobility: intermodality, mobility comfort, mobility concepts for urban space
- Cities: Morgenstadt – City of the future, sustainable quarter concepts, resilient cities
- Energy: Micro smart grids including electric vehicles, logistics containers offering super-charging stations, buffer storage and PVs
- Sharing Systems: technical and organizational solutions for the collaborative use of goods, sharing depots, development of collaboratively used products
We address mobility systems and urban systems for industrial and public use. As a scientific institution in the field of applied research, we are always interested in testing our solutions with partners in industry and/or cities. Developing these solutions further to the point of application-readiness is our main goal.